Dogdog (dôg, dog),USA pronunciation n., v., dogged, dog•ging.
- a domesticated canid, Canis familiaris, bred in many varieties.
- any carnivore of the dogfamily Canidae, having prominent canine teeth and, in the wild state, a long and slender muzzle, a deep-chested muscular body, a bushy tail, and large, erect ears. Cf. canid.
- the male of such an animal.
- any of various animals resembling a dog.
- a despicable man or youth.
- a fellow in general: a lucky dog.
- dogs, feet.
- something worthless or of extremely poor quality: That used car you bought is a dog.
- an utter failure;
flop: Critics say his new play is a dog.
- [Slang.]an ugly, boring, or crude person.
- [Slang.]See hot dog.
- (cap.) [Astron.]either of two constellations, Canis Major or Canis Minor.
- any of various mechanical devices, as for gripping or holding something.
- a projection on a moving part for moving steadily or for tripping another part with which it engages.
- Also called gripper, nipper. a device on a drawbench for drawing the work through the die.
- a cramp binding together two timbers.
- an iron bar driven into a stone or timber to provide a means of lifting it.
- an andiron;
- a sundog or fogdog.
- a word formerly used in communications to represent the letter D.
- go to the dogs, [Informal.]to deteriorate;
degenerate morally or physically: This neighborhood is going to the dogs.
- lead a dog's life, to have an unhappy or harassed existence: He maintained that he led a dog's life in the army.
- let sleeping dogs lie, to refrain from action that would alter an existing situation for fear of causing greater problems or complexities.
- put on the dog, [Informal.]to assume an attitude of wealth or importance;
put on airs.
- to follow or track like a dog, esp. with hostile intent;
- to drive or chase with a dog or dogs.
- [Mach.]to fasten with dogs.
- dog it, [Informal.]
- to shirk one's responsibility;
loaf on the job.
- to retreat, flee, renege, etc.: a sponsor who dogged it when needed most.
Sheddingshed1 (shed),USA pronunciation n.
- a slight or rude structure built for shelter, storage, etc.
- a large, strongly built structure, often open at the sides or end.
Lotlot (lot),USA pronunciation n., v., lot•ted, lot•ting, adv.
- one of a set of objects, as straws or pebbles, drawn or thrown from a container to decide a question or choice by chance.
- the casting or drawing of such objects as a method of deciding something: to choose a person by lot.
- the decision or choice made by such a method.
- allotted share or portion: to receive one's lot of an inheritance.
- the portion in life assigned by fate or Providence;
one's fate, fortune, or destiny: Her lot had not been a happy one.
- a distinct portion or piece of land: a building lot.
- a piece of land forming a part of a district, city, or other community.
- [South Midland and Southern U.S.]a farmyard or barnyard.
- a piece of land having the use specified by the attributive noun or adjective: a parking lot; a used-car lot.
- [Motion Pictures.]a motion-picture studio and its surrounding property.
- a distinct portion or parcel of anything, as of merchandise: The furniture was to be auctioned off in 20 lots.
- a number of things or persons collectively: There's one more, and that's the lot.
- kind of person;
sort: He's a bad lot.
- Often, lots. a great many or a great deal: a lot of books; lots of money.
- [Chiefly Brit.]a tax or duty.
- cast or cast in one's lot with, to ally oneself with;
share the life and fortunes of: She had cast her lot with the bohemian crowd.
- draw or cast lots, to settle a question by the use of lots: They drew lots to see who would go first.
- to divide or distribute by lot (sometimes fol. by out): to lot furniture for sale; to lot out apples by the basketful.
- to assign to one as his or her lot;
- to divide into lots, as land.
- [Obs.]to cast or draw lots for.
- to draw lots.
- Often, lots. a great deal;
greatly: Thanks a lot for the ride. I care lots about my family.
Thinkingthink•ing (thing′king),USA pronunciation adj.
reasoning: People are thinking animals.
reflective: Any thinking person would reject that plan.
judgment, reflection: clear thinking.
Abouta•bout (ə bout′),USA pronunciation prep.
in regard to: instructions about the work; a book about the Civil War.
- connected or associated with: There was an air of mystery about him.
close to: a man about my height; about six o'clock.
- in or somewhere near: He is about the house.
- on every side of;
around: the railing about the excavation.
- on or near (one's person): They lost all they had about them.
- so as to be of use to: Keep your wits about you.
- on the verge or point of (usually fol. by an infinitive): about to leave.
- here or there;
in or on: to wander about the old castle.
- concerned with;
engaged in doing: Tell me what it's about. Bring me the other book while you're about it.
- near in time, number, degree, etc.;
approximately: It's about five miles from here.
almost: Dinner is about ready.
not far off: He is somewhere about.
- on every side;
in every direction;
around: Look about and see if you can find it.
- halfway around;
in the opposite direction: to turn a car about.
- from one place to another;
in this place or that: to move furniture about; important papers strewn about.
- in rotation or succession;
alternately: Turn about is fair play.
- in circumference: a wheel two inches about.
- onto a new tack.
- onto a new course.
- moving around;
astir: He was up and about while the rest of us still slept.
- in existence;
prevalent: Chicken pox is about.
Gettingget (get),USA pronunciation v., got or ([Archaic]) gat; got or got•ten;
- to receive or come to have possession, use, or enjoyment of: to get a birthday present; to get a pension.
- to cause to be in one's possession or succeed in having available for one's use or enjoyment;
acquire: to get a good price after bargaining; to get oil by drilling; to get information.
- to go after, take hold of, and bring (something) for one's own or for another's purposes;
fetch: Would you get the milk from the refrigerator for me?
- to cause or cause to become, to do, to move, etc., as specified;
effect: to get one's hair cut; to get a fire to burn; to get a dog out of a room.
- to communicate or establish communication with over a distance;
reach: You can always get me by telephone.
- to hear or hear clearly: I didn't get your last name.
- to acquire a mental grasp or command of;
learn: to get a lesson.
- to capture;
seize: Get him before he escapes!
- to receive as a punishment or sentence: to get a spanking; to get 20 years in jail.
- to prevail on;
influence or persuade: We'll get him to go with us.
- to prepare;
make ready: to get dinner.
- (esp. of animals) to beget.
- to affect emotionally: Her pleas got me.
- to hit, strike, or wound: The bullet got him in the leg.
- to kill.
- to take vengeance on: I'll get you yet!
- to catch or be afflicted with;
come down with or suffer from: He got malaria while living in the tropics. She gets butterflies before every performance.
- to puzzle;
annoy: Their silly remarks get me.
- to understand;
comprehend: I don't get the joke. This report may be crystal-clear to a scientist, but I don't get it.
- to come to a specified place;
reach: to get home late.
- to succeed, become enabled, or be permitted: You get to meet a lot of interesting people.
- to become or to cause oneself to become as specified;
reach a certain condition: to get angry; to get sick.
- (used as an auxiliary verb fol. by a past participle to form the passive): to get married; to get elected; to get hit by a car.
- to succeed in coming, going, arriving at, visiting, etc. (usually fol. by away, in, into, out, etc.): I don't get into town very often.
- to bear, endure, or survive (usually fol. by through or over): Can he get through another bad winter?
- to earn money;
- to leave promptly;
scram: He told us to get.
- to start or enter upon the action of (fol. by a present participle expressing action): to get moving; Get rolling.
- get about:
- to move about;
be active: He gets about with difficulty since his illness.
- to become known;
spread: It was supposed to be a secret, but somehow it got about.
- to be socially active: She's been getting about much more since her family moved to the city.Also, get around.
- get across:
- to make or become understandable;
communicate: to get a lesson across to students.
- to be convincing about;
impress upon others: The fire chief got across forcefully the fact that turning in a false alarm is a serious offense.
- get ahead, to be successful, as in business or society: She got ahead by sheer determination.
- get ahead of:
- to move forward of, as in traveling: The taxi got ahead of her after the light changed.
- to surpass;
outdo: He refused to let anyone get ahead of him in business.
- get along:
- to go away;
- See get on.
- get around:
- to circumvent;
- to ingratiate oneself with (someone) through flattery or cajolery.
- to travel from place to place;
circulate: I don't get around much anymore.
- See get about.
- get at:
- to reach;
touch: to stretch in order to get at a top shelf.
- to suggest, hint at, or imply;
intimate: What are you getting at?
- to discover;
determine: to get at the root of a problem.
- [Informal.]to influence by surreptitious or illegal means;
bribe: The gangsters couldn't get at the mayor.
- get away:
- to escape;
flee: He tried to get away, but the crowd was too dense.
- to start out;
leave: The racehorses got away from the starting gate.
- get away with, to perpetrate or accomplish without detection or punishment: Some people lie and cheat and always seem to get away with it.
- get back:
- to come back;
return: When will you get back?
- to recover;
regain: He got back his investment with interest.
- to be revenged: She waited for a chance to get back at her accuser.
- get by:
- to succeed in going past: to get by a police barricade.
- to manage to exist, survive, continue in business, etc., in spite of difficulties.
- to evade the notice of: He doesn't let much get by him.
- get down:
- to bring or come down;
descend: The kitten climbed the tree, but then couldn't get down again.
- to concentrate;
attend: to get down to the matter at hand.
- to depress;
fatigue: Nothing gets me down so much as a rainy day.
- to swallow: The pill was so large that he couldn't get it down.
- to relax and enjoy oneself completely;
be uninhibited in one's enjoyment: getting down with a bunch of old friends.
- get even. See even 1 (def. 22).
- get going:
- to begin;
act: They wanted to get going on the construction of the house.
- to increase one's speed;
make haste: If we don't get going, we'll never arrive in time.
- get in:
- to go into a place;
enter: He forgot his key and couldn't get in.
- to arrive;
come: They both got in on the same train.
- to become associated with: He got in with a bad crowd.
- to be chosen or accepted, as for office, membership, etc.: As secretary of the club, his friend made sure that he got in.
- to become implicated in: By embezzling money to pay his gambling debts quickly, he was getting in further and further.
- get it, [Informal.]
- to be punished or reprimanded: You'll get it for breaking that vase!
- to understand or grasp something: This is just between us, get it?
- get it off, Slang (vulgar). to experience orgasm.
- get it on:
- [Informal.]to work or perform with satisfying harmony or energy or develop a strong rapport, as in music: a rock group really getting it on with the audience.
- Slang (vulgar). to have sexual intercourse.
- get it up, [Slang](vulgar), to achieve an erection of the penis.
- get off:
- to escape the consequences of or punishment for one's actions.
- to help (someone) escape punishment: A good lawyer might get you off.
- to begin a journey;
leave: He got off on the noon flight.
- to leave (a train, plane, etc.);
dismount from (a horse);
- to tell (a joke);
express (an opinion): The comedian got off a couple of good ones.
- [Informal.]to have the effrontery: Where does he get off telling me how to behave?
- Slang (vulgar). to experience orgasm.
- to experience or cause to experience a high from or as if from a drug.
- to cause to feel pleasure, enthusiasm, or excitement: a new rock group that gets everyone off.
- get off on, [Slang.]to become enthusiastic about or excited by: After years of indifference, she's getting off on baseball.
- get on or along:
- to make progress;
- to have sufficient means to manage, survive, or fare.
- to be on good terms;
agree: She simply can't get on with her brothers.
- to advance in age: He is getting on in years.
- get out:
- to leave (often fol. by of ): Get out of here! We had to get out of the bus at San Antonio.
- to become publicly known: We mustn't let this story get out.
- to withdraw or retire (often fol. by of ): He decided to get out of the dry goods business.
- to produce or complete: Let's get this work out!
- get over:
- to recover from: to get over an illness.
- See get across.
- get round. See get around.
- get the lead out. See lead 2 (def. 11).
- get there, to reach one's goal;
succeed: He wanted to be a millionaire but he died before he got there.
- get through:
- to succeed, as in meeting, reaching, or contacting by telephone (usually fol. by to): I tried to call you last night, but I couldn't get through.
- to complete;
finish: How he ever got through college is a mystery.
- to make oneself understood: One simply cannot get through to her.
- get to:
- to get in touch or into communication with;
contact: It was too late by the time he got to the authorities.
- [Informal.]to make an impression on;
affect: This music really gets to you.
- to begin: When he gets to telling stories about the war, there's no stopping him.
- get together:
- to accumulate;
gather: to get together a portfolio of 20 stocks.
- to congregate;
meet: The alumnae chapter gets together twice a year.
- to come to an accord;
agree: They simply couldn't get together on matters of policy.
- get up:
- to sit up or stand;
- to rise from bed.
- to ascend or mount.
- to prepare;
organize: to get up an exhibit.
- to draw upon;
rouse: to get up one's courage.
- to acquire a knowledge of.
- (to a horse) go! go ahead! go faster!
- to dress, as in a costume or disguise: She got herself up as an astronaut.
- to produce in a specified style, as a book: It was got up in brown leather with gold endpapers.
- has or have got:
- to possess or own;
have: She's got a new car. Have you got the tickets?
- must (fol. by an infinitive): He's got to get to a doctor right away.
- to suffer from: Have you got a cold?
get′ta•ble, get′a•ble, adj.
- an offspring or the total of the offspring, esp. of a male animal: the get of a stallion.
- a return of a ball, as in tennis, that would normally have resulted in a point for the opponent.
- something earned, as salary, profits, etc.: What's your week's get?
- a child born out of wedlock.
Hi folks, this photo is about Dog Shedding A Lot #5 So Youre Thinking About Getting A Husky?. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this attachment is 2032 x 2709. It's file size is only 659 KB. If You decided to download It to Your PC, you may Click here. You could too download more images by clicking the following photo or see more at this article: Dog Shedding A Lot.
Before speaking about Dog Shedding A Lot #5 So Youre Thinking About Getting A Husky?, on choosing the right furniture to your residence we would like to discuss some tips. First, select sized furniture. While in the selection of furniture within the interior of the room minimalist kind that was living 36 or 45 must be held healthy with all one's family room minimalist's size. Should select coffee-table that is small and a couch were in as well as comfortable harmony with all the bedroom.
Utilize a mirror. Inserting a big reflection in the living room also provides impact be relieved.
The principle challenge in the design of Dog Shedding A Lot #5 So Youre Thinking About Getting A Husky? are common to middleclass people while in the money is space that is restricted. Because it may be circumvented by selecting the most appropriate design, but do not worry. Two considerations you should think about in order to demarcate the householdis privacy, before creating your living-room may be the room is not upset.
Use carpeting. In certain houses you will not really find a fit but delicate carpet to get visitors while sitting cross-legged with blankets stay major as Japanese-fashion homes.
Pick colorful wall color. This will give the dream of space becomes noticeable wider than dark hues.
Random Images on Dog Shedding A Lot #5 So Youre Thinking About Getting A Husky?
- A&w Office Supply
- Barn Door Cabinets
- How To Use A Boppy Pillow For Nursing
- Garden State Veterinary
- Dillon 550b Case Feeder For Sale
- Measure Window For Blinds
- Hawaiian Gardens Holly Mi
- Fun Things To Do In The Bedroom With Your Boyfriend
- Corner Shelf Espresso
- My Bathtub Faucet Is Dripping
- Home Depot Shreveport
- Bm Fieldstone Cabinets
- How To Build Handrails For Steps
- Bathroom Curtain Ideas
- Hunter Ceiling Fan Pull Chain Switch
- Corner Sofas Bed