Smithsmith (smith),USA pronunciation n.
- a worker in metal.
- a blacksmith.
- to forge on an anvil;
form by heating and pounding: to smith armor.
Machinema•chine (mə shēn′),USA pronunciation n., v., -chined, -chin•ing.
- an apparatus consisting of interrelated parts with separate functions, used in the performance of some kind of work: a sewing machine.
- a mechanical apparatus or contrivance;
- a device that transmits or modifies force or motion.
- Also called simple machine. any of six or more elementary mechanisms, as the lever, wheel and axle, pulley, screw, wedge, and inclined plane.
- Also called complex machine. a combination of simple machines.
- [Older Use.]
- an automobile or airplane.
- a typewriter.
- a bicycle or motorcycle.
- a vending machine: a cigarette machine.
- any complex agency or operating system: the machine of government.
- an organized group of persons that conducts or controls the activities of a political party or organization: He heads the Democratic machine in our city.
- a person or thing that acts in a mechanical or automatic manner: Routine work had turned her into a machine.
- any of various contrivances, esp. those formerly used in theater, for producing stage effects
- some agency, personage, incident or other feature introduced for effect into a literary composition.
- to make, prepare, or finish with a machine or with machine tools.
Closeclose (v. klōz;adj., adv. klōs or, for 56, klōz;
n. klōz for 66, 67, 70–72, 74, 75, klōs for 68, 69, 73),USA pronunciation v., closed, clos•ing, adj., clos•er, clos•est, adv., n.
- to put (something) in a position to obstruct an entrance, opening, etc.;
- to stop or obstruct (a gap, entrance, aperture, etc.): to close a hole in a wall with plaster.
- to block or hinder passage across or access to: to close a border to tourists; to close the woods to picnickers.
- to stop or obstruct the entrances, apertures, or gaps in: He closed the crate and tied it up.
- (of the mind) to make imperceptive or inaccessible: to close one's mind to the opposite opinion.
- to bring together the parts of;
unite (often fol. by up): Close up those ranks! The surgeon closed the incision.
- to complete (an electrical circuit) by joining the circuit elements: The circuit was closed so the current could be measured.
- to bring to an end: to close a debate.
- to arrange the final details of;
to conclude negotiations about: to close a deal to everyone's satisfaction.
- to complete or settle (a contract or transaction);
consummate: We close the sale of the house next week.
- to stop rendering the customary services of: to close a store for the night.
- to terminate or suspend the operation of;
to halt the activities of: The epidemic forced authorities to close the schools. The police closed the bar for selling liquor to minors.
- to come close to: We closed the cruiser to put our injured captain on board.
- to reduce the internal diameter of (a tube or the like).
- [Archaic.]to shut in or surround on all sides;
cover in: to close a bird in a cage.
- to become closed;
shut: The door closed with a bang. This window is stuck and will not close tight.
- to come together;
unite: Her lips closed firmly.
- to come close: His pursuers closed rapidly.
- to grapple;
engage in close encounter (often fol. by with): We closed with the invaders shortly before sundown.
- to come to an end;
terminate: The service closed with a hymn.
- to cease to offer the customary activities or services: The school closed for the summer.
- to enter into or reach an agreement, usually as a contract: The builder closed with the contractor after negotiations.
- (of a theatrical production) to cease to be performed: The play closed in New York yesterday and will open in Dallas next week.
- (of a stock, group of stocks, etc.) to be priced or show a change in price as specified at the end of a trading period: The market closed low for the fourth straight day.
- close down:
- to terminate the operation of;
discontinue: to close down an air base because of budget cuts.
- to attempt to control or eliminate: The city must close down drug traffic.
- close in on or upon:
- to approach so as to capture, attack, arrest, etc.: The hoodlums closed in on their victim.
- to surround or envelop so as to entrap: a feeling that the room was closing in upon her.
- close out:
- to reduce the price of (merchandise) for quick sale: That store is closing out its stock of men's clothing.
- to liquidate or dispose of finally and completely: They closed out their interests after many years in this city.
- close ranks, to unite forces, esp. by overlooking petty differences, in order to deal with an adverse or challenging situation;
to join together in a show of unity, esp. to the public: When the newspaper story broke suggesting possible corruption in the government, the politicians all closed ranks.
- close up:
- to come together in close array;
converge: The enemy was closing up on us from both flanks.
- to bring to an end;
cease: The company is closing up its overseas operations.
- to become silent or uncommunicative.
- to reduce or eliminate spacing material between (units of set type).
- having the parts or elements near to one another: a close formation of battleships.
dense: a close texture; a close weave.
- being in or having proximity in space or time: The barn is so close to the house that you can hear the animals. His birthday is in May, close to mine.
- marked by similarity in degree, action, feeling, etc.: This dark pink is close to red. He left her close to tears.
- near, or near together, in kind or relationship: a flower close to a rose; a close relative.
- intimate or confidential;
- based on a strong uniting feeling of respect, honor, or love: a close circle of friends.
- fitting tightly: a close, clinging negligee.
- (of a haircut or shave, the mowing of a lawn, etc.) so executed that the hair, grass, or the like is left flush with the surface or very short.
- not deviating from the subject under consideration.
minute: The matter requires close investigation.
- not deviating from a model or original: a close, literal translation.
- nearly even or equal: a close contest.
- strictly logical: close reasoning.
not open: a close hatch.
- shut in;
- completely enclosing or surrounding: a close siege preventing all escape.
- without opening;
with all openings covered or closed.
narrow: close quarters.
- lacking fresh or freely circulating air: a hot, close room.
oppressive: a spell of close, sultry weather.
- narrowly confined, as a prisoner.
- practicing or keeping secrecy;
reticent: She is so close that you can tell her all your secrets.
stingy: He is very close with his money.
- scarce, as money.
- not open to public or general admission, competition, etc.: The entire parish participated in the close communication.
- (of a delimiting punctuation mark) occurring at the end of a group of words or characters that is set off, as from surrounding text: close parentheses; close quotes; close brackets.Cf. open (def. 32).
- [Hunting, Angling.]closed (def. 8).
- (of a vowel) articulated with a relatively small opening between the tongue and the roof of the mouth. Cf. high (def. 23), open (def. 34a).
- (of a bird) represented as having folded wings: an eagle close.
- in a close manner;
- immediately behind the ears, so as to show no neck: a bear's head couped close.
- close to the wind, in a direction nearly opposite to that from which the wind is coming: to sail close to the wind.
- close up:
- from close range;
in a detailed manner;
- [Naut.]fully raised;
at the top of the halyard: an answering pennant flown close up.Cf. dip (def. 37).
- the act of closing.
- the end or conclusion: at the close of day; the close of the speech.
- an enclosed place or enclosure, esp. one about or beside a cathedral or other building.
- any piece of land held as private property.
- See complimentary close.
- cadence (def. 7).
- [Stock Exchange.]
- the closing price on a stock.
- the closing prices on an exchange market.
- a narrow entry or alley terminating in a dead end.
- a courtyard enclosed except for one narrow entrance.
- [Archaic.]a junction;
- [Obs.]a close encounter;
a grapple: The fighters met in a fierce close.
Benchbench (bench),USA pronunciation n.
- a long seat for several persons: a bench in the park.
- a seat occupied by an official, esp. a judge.
- such a seat as a symbol of the office and dignity of an individual judge or the judiciary.
- the office or dignity of various other officials, or the officials themselves.
- the seat on which the players of a team sit during a game while not playing.
- thequality and number of the players of a team who are usually used as substitutes: A weak bench hurt their chances for the championship.
- [Informal.]See bench press.
- Also called workbench. the strong worktable of a carpenter or other mechanic.
- a platform on which animals are placed for exhibition, esp. at a dog show.
- a contest or exhibition of dogs;
- [Phys. Geog.]a shelflike area of rock with steep slopes above and below.
- a step or working elevation in a mine.
- berm (def. 2).
- on the bench:
- serving as a judge in a court of law;
- [Sports.](of a player) not participating in play, either for part or all of a game.
- to furnish with benches.
- to seat on a bench or on the bench: an election that benched him in the district court.
- to place (a show dog or other animal) in exhibition.
- to cut away the working faces of (a mine or quarry) in benches.
- to remove from a game or keep from participating in a game: to be benched because of poor hitting.
Presspress1 (pres),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to act upon with steadily applied weight or force.
- to move by weight or force in a certain direction or into a certain position: The crowd pressed him into a corner.
- to compress or squeeze, as to alter in shape or size: He pressed the clay into a ball.
- to weigh heavily upon;
subject to pressure.
- to hold closely, as in an embrace;
clasp: He pressed her in his arms.
- to flatten or make smooth, esp. by ironing: to press clothes; to press flowers in the leaves of a book.
- to extract juice, sugar, etc., from by pressure: to press grapes.
- to squeeze out or express, as juice: to press the juice from grapes.
- to beset or harass;
afflict: He was pressed by problems on all sides.
- to trouble or oppress;
put into a difficult position, as by depriving: Poverty pressed them hard.
- to urge or entreat strongly or insistently: to press for payment of a debt; to press for an answer.
- to emphasize or propound forcefully;
insist upon: He pressed his own ideas on us.
- to plead with insistence: to press a claim.
- to urge onward;
hasten: He pressed his horse to go faster.
- to push forward.
- to manufacture (phonograph records, videodiscs, or the like), esp. by stamping from a mold or matrix.
- to exert weight, force, or pressure.
- [WeightLifting.]to raise or lift, esp. a specified amount of weight, in a press.
- to iron clothing, curtains, etc.
- to bear heavily, as upon the mind.
- (of athletes and competitors) to perform tensely or overanxiously, as when one feels pressured or is determined to break out of a slump;
strain because of frustration: For days he hasn't seemed able to buy a hit, and he's been pressing.
- to compel haste: Time presses.
- to demand immediate attention.
- to use urgent entreaty: to press for an answer.
- to push forward or advance with force, eagerness, or haste: The army pressed to reach the river by dawn.
- to crowd or throng.
- [Basketball.]to employ a press.
- press the flesh, [Informal.]See flesh (def. 15).
- an act of pressing;
- the state of being pressed.
- printed publications collectively, esp. newspapers and periodicals.
- all the media and agencies that print, broadcast, or gather and transmit news, including newspapers, newsmagazines, radio and television news bureaus, and wire services.
- the editorial employees, taken collectively, of these media and agencies.
- (often used with a pl. v.) a group of news reporters, or of news reporters and news photographers: The press are in the outer office, waiting for a statement.
- the consensus of the general critical commentary or the amount of coverage accorded a person, thing, or event, esp. in newspapers and periodicals (often prec. by good or bad): The play received a good press. The minister's visit got a bad press.
- See printing press.
- an establishment for printing books, magazines, etc.
- the process or art of printing.
- any of various devices or machines for exerting pressure, stamping, or crushing.
- a wooden or metal viselike device for preventing a tennis or other racket from warping when not in use.
- a pressing or pushing forward.
- a crowding, thronging, or pressing together;
collective force: The press of the crowd drove them on.
- a crowd, throng, or multitude.
- the desired smooth or creased effect caused by ironing or pressing: His suit was out of press.
- pressure or urgency, as of affairs or business.
- an upright case or other piece of furniture for holding clothes, books, pamphlets, etc.
- [Basketball.]an aggressive form of defense in which players guard opponents very closely.
- [Weightlifting.]a lift in which the barbell, after having been lifted from the ground up to chest level, is pushed to a position overhead with the arms extended straight up, without moving the legs or feet.
- go to press, to begin being printed: The last edition has gone to press.
Hello folks, this post is about Smith Machine Close Grip Bench Press ( Close-grip Bench Presses #1). This image is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 760 x 570. This blog post's file size is only 36 KB. Wether You decided to save This photo to Your PC, you could Click here. You may too see more attachments by clicking the photo below or see more at this article: Close Grip Bench Presses.
Close Grip Bench Presses Set are not for everybody, but you love modern bedrooms, if you have an understanding of the fine traces in craft and structure. Now, you probably don't know how to develop an ideal contemporary room agreement and also you may think it is something that the artist personalities have the effect of, nevertheless, you may also feel it with a small purchasing, in your house carefully.
the furniture is sharp and clean in-design and instead, the sack sets are contemporary and is often a trademark cut that will both survive alone or work nicely with others. You must begin with the mattress as this will be the center of your room museum present.
In many cases, you must think of today's bedroom like creating your room like a museum, collection. The current bedroom and bedroom collection permits you to create a contemporary art public within your room. the emotion of the public comes in the fact that they lack the design decorations, although remember, following the purpose within the form of modern furniture, the parts are obviously able to do their task.
Relevant Images on Smith Machine Close Grip Bench Press ( Close-grip Bench Presses #1)
- Adt Garage Door Opener
- Antique Mahogany Pedestal Table
- Crown Canopy For Baby Crib
- Jag Plumbing
- Dualit Lite 2 Slice Toaster
- Most Comfortable Robe
- Car Ski Rack
- Hocking Cabins
- Dvd Player Shelf For Wall Mount Tv
- Best Fitness Power Rack
- Big Floor Fans
- Land Contract Homes In Michigan
- Cool Futon
- How To Open Ad Mat Account
- Boot Barn Cheyenne
- Flos Table Lamp